Our focus this year is OBEDIENCE!
Our desire this year is to be instantaneous in our obedience to God, to stop overthinking His directions and commands and act like the NIKE slogan “Just Do It”. To assist us we will be unpacking the following (and more):
- What it means to be obedient
- practical ways to develop and instill obedience
- The benefits and rewards of obedience
- Obedience through gratitude
Why the focus on obedience? We would like to see and experience the will and blessings of God in our lives and we believe that obedience is one of the ways to achieve this. Some of our reasons also include:
- Demonstrating our love to God according to John 14:15. It reads “If you love me, you will obey my commandments”. Obedience to God brings about spiritual growth
- Growing spiritually. When we obey God we learn more about who He is
- Experiencing God’s blessings . Isaiah 1:19 “If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land”
We invite you to join us on this journey where we unpack the what, why and how of obedience to God. We are looking forward to how God will enrich our understanding and lives for the better.
If there is anything in particular that you would like us to explore around obedience, please leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments section below.
It is going to be an awesome year at the master’s feet learning obedience and in the fields implementing what we are thought.
On Your Marks…Get Set… Let’s God!