…and just like that we are almost in the last 100 days of the year!
To say it has been a crazy and whirlwind year would be a huge understatement! In as much as this year has presented many horrors, it has also presented many blessings which we have to, despite all that is happening, be thankful for!
To get us into grove of gratitude, from Wednesday 23rd September, we will commence our now yearly 100 days Gratitude and Wellness countdown! Those who have been following us over the years will remember that this used to be for 31 days and called ‘Gratitude and Praise’.
So why 100 days? This year more than ever before we believe that we have so much to thank God for despite the chaos around the world. It is also to experience the benefits of gratitude. It has been proven not only from experience but also by psychologists and scientists that a life of gratitude helps us to live a focused and purposeful life. It creates peace within and allows us to experience contentment with what we have.
Thankfulness is not inborn, it is a discipline that has to be intentionally developed and practised for it to become a habit. From the 23rd of September, we will spend the following 100 days being intentional about gratitude to God.
How will the 100 days of Gratitude and Wellness work?
- Have a hunger and desire to praise and give thanks
- Get yourself a calendar /diary / journal where you can tick the days off and write out your thoughts as you go along
- Get a journal to write your thoughts and Gratitude notes. We recommend ‘Today I Am Thankful’
- Get a copy of our devotional – ‘Today I am thankful’. We will be using over the 100 days. Purchasing this is not mandatory to participate. You can follow the devotional through daily prompts on our Instagram page and Facebook pages – @adayingodswill
- Decide upon a wellness activity that you can engage comfortably to start with and one you can challenge yourself with during the 100 days, e.g. exercise (whatever level) such as walking or skipping).
PROMPTS ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK
- Daily Prompts inviting you to the day’s Bible verse an encouragement will be posted on our Instagram and Facebook page.
- You will be encouraged to mediate on the bible verse to fuel your gratitude.
- You will be encouraged to engage in the activity of your choice for the day.
100 DAYS OF GRATITUDE AND WELLNESS STARTS WEDNESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2020
HOW AND WHEN TO JOIN: You can join the countdown at any time. For example you might decide to do this for 7, 14, or 21 days. One day of gratitude is better than none.
YOU ARE INVITATION
We invite you to join us on this exciting journey and pray that you experience the fullness of God’s presence as you raise a banner of Gratitude and Praise!
If you will be participating in this challenge please respond ‘YES’ in the comments section.
Much Love, Remi